Update day: 14-02-2024
Category: Human Resources
Job type: Full-time
From coast-to-coast, our inspiring colleagues are at the heart of what we do best: helping people, businesses and society prosper in good times and be resilient in bad times. With our team, you’ll bring this purpose to life every day by living our Values, being open to change, and pursuing your goals.
In return, we’ll give you countless opportunities to learn and grow, alongside a diverse and passionate community of experts – the best the industry has to offer. You’ll be empowered to be your best self, do your best work, and make a meaningful impact. Here, you can help shape the future of insurance, win as a team, and grow with us.
About the role
At Intact, insurance is not about things. It’s about people. It’s what we believe, and it shapes everything we do. It’s why we strive to provide a second-to-none experience for our customers and create an inspiring workplace for our employees.
As Canada’s largest provider of P&C (property and casualty) insurance, we’re leading our industry, and a recognized top employer. We’re committed to living our values and supporting our dedicated people who are engaged because they know their work matters.
Here’s where you enter the story.
Are you passionate about Talent Management, Organizational Development (OD) and creating a positive impact on the business and the employee experience? So are we! Join our team and make a difference.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Management & Employee Experience and partnering closely with the Specialist, Talent Management and the broader TalEx team and HR, you will play a key role at Intact in supporting the development and delivery of Talent Management programs and initiatives aligned to Intact’s strategic priorities.
With your HR experience and collaborative style, you will work with our Talent Specialist to advance enterprise talent management priorities as well as specific talent priorities within each of our business areas.
Here’s how you will make a difference.
- You’ll support our Business Unit HR teams and Talent Specialist by analyzing talent and succession data and preparing talent-related materials for monthly talent meetings.
- You’ll work on key talent management projects and initiatives in collaboration with our Recruitment, DEI and Business Unit HR teams.
- You’ll develop relevant tools and guidance for the organization on Talent Management and Internal Mobility.
- You’ll source internal talent for key positions or business needs on request, based on profiles and succession lists and will provide recommended names to business HR (e.g. Director level opening, town hall facilitators, external event attendees, etc.)
- You will work with the business HR teams to create profiles for key talent across the organization.
- You’ll support our mentoring program by developing and delivering tools and resources to mentors and mentees and communicating and tracking mentoring matches.
- You’ll support communications and training to our business HR teams on our talent management initiatives, tools, projects and practices.
- You’ll contribute to the development of executive-level presentations and materials for our Canadian Operations team and for the Board.
- You’ll conduct research on talent management best practices to identify opportunities to strengthen Talent Management efforts across Intact.
- You’ll contribute to ensuring our Contact People (Workday) capability for Talent and Succession meets organizational needs.
- You’ll work closely with our DEI team to ensure Diversity, Inclusion and Equity is incorporated into talent management and development programs and initiatives.
Here’s what you offer us.
- A degree/diploma in HR, Business, or a related discipline is preferred.
- 3+ years of HR experience in either talent management or an HR generalist role supporting the business with a passion for talent management and employee development.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Collaborative and inclusive mindset.
- Ability to work at a quick pace with precision.
- Excellent and clear communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt as priorities change and evolve.
- The ability to develop high quality presentations adapted appropriately for audience level.
- Strong analytical skills, including advanced experience with Excel or other spreadsheet / tracking tools.
- The ability to analyze data and identify key insights.
- Ability to speak French is an asset.
What we offer
Working here means you’ll be empowered to be and do your best every day. Here is some of what you can expect as a permanent member of our team:
A financial rewards program that recognizes your success
An industry leading Employee Share Purchase Plan; we match 50% of net shares purchased
An extensive flex pension and benefits package, with access to virtual healthcare
Flexible work arrangements
Possibility to purchase up to 5 extra days off per year
An annual wellness account that promotes an active and healthy lifestyle
Access to tools and resources to support physical and mental health, embracing change and connecting with colleagues
A dynamic workplace learning ecosystem complete with learning journeys, interactive online content, and inspiring programs
Inclusive employee-led networks to educate, inspire, amplify voices, build relationships and provide development opportunities
Inspiring leaders and colleagues who will lift you up and help you grow
A Community Impact program, because what you care about is a part of what makes you different. And how you contribute to your community should be just as unique.
We are an equal opportunity employer
At Intact, we value diversity and strive to create an inclusive, accessible workplace where all individuals feel valued, respected, and heard.
If we can provide a specific adjustment to make the recruitment process more accessible for you, please let us know when we reach out about a job opportunity. We’ll work with you to meet your needs.
Click here to review other important information about the hiring process, including background checks, internal candidates, and eligibility to work in Canada.
If you are an employee of Intact, belairdirect, or Johnson Insurance, please apply for this role on Contact People.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario
💸 CA$130,000 - CA$140,000⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 13-03-2024🌏 Ottawa, Ontario
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 19-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 06-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 14-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario