Update day: 21-02-2024
Job type: Full-time
Salary: $26.58 an hour
About the Organization
A career with General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada (GDLS-C) offers plenty of excitement, innovation, and challenge. With lots of global collaboration within the Land Systems family, we are a world-class defence industry leader with expertise in the design and manufacture of light and medium armoured vehicles. In addition to winning Canadian Defence reviews award in 2016 for best Canadian defence company, GDLS-C offers a team-based, collaborative culture, with a passion for innovation and a great focus on development and growth for employees. General Dynamics is recognized as #13 in Forbes top 300 Canadian employers.
At General Dynamics Land Systems we put our Customers at the centre of everything we do. Our commitment to protect and enable the men and women who serve, drives us to develop products and systems that give them a clear advantage for mission success. We are looking for passionate individuals to help us deliver innovative, unique solutions to our Customers.
About the Opportunity
Our company is seeking Assemblers is responsible for installing parts to the vehicle as identified in routings both digital and paper. This may include manually installing parts and/or using tools to secure parts. Most fixtures and parts are manually handled, while some are lifted with the jib or overhead crane, depending on the size, weight, and/or location.
For stations involving a trunnion, the vehicle is adjustable in a rotational plane and there are adjustable lift platforms, which can be adjusted vertically and horizontally for the worker. Typical assembly postures may include standing, sitting, squatting, kneeling, crouching, bending and reaching at working heights ranging from below floor level to overhead. Tasks required on the interior of the vehicle will require working in a vertical space of 105 to 135 cm and may involve sitting, crawling, crouching, stooping, bending, twisting, kneeling and/or lying down to access some areas, as some tasks require working in areas with space constraints. Assemblers are required to climb on/off vehicles, which may include climbing through roof hatches, rear openings, and/or the driver’s hatch. It is common for Assemblers to complete many assembly tasks in the same area of the vehicle while maintaining static or similar postures for a period of time.
Personal Protective Equipment will be provided and must be utilized including bump cap, safety footwear, safety glasses and extraction coveralls (when directed).
Shift work is required, which may include rotation between day, afternoon, and night shifts. Additional overtime may be required on an as needed basis.
- Post-Secondary Education
- 310 T - Truck and Coach Technician
- 310 S - Automotive Service Technician
- Electronics Engineering Technician / Technologist
- Must be able to meet Anthropometrical Size Restrictions
- Self-motivated with a results driven approach
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Basic computer skills
- Base hourly starting rate is $26.58 to a maximum of $44.30.
- In addition to your rate, all bargaining unit employees are also entitled to cost of living allowance per hour and an additional $0.40 per hour for participation in the Company’s structured improvement program.
- GDLS-C provides all required equipment to perform work.
- Quarterly performance bonus.
- Shift premium is offered at 5% for afternoon and 10% for midnight shifts
- GDLS-C offers a company paid, comprehensive benefit package for a range of health and dental services for you and your eligible dependents as well as basic life insurance and supplemental life insurance.
- Bargaining unit employees are enrolled in a defined contribution pension plan. There is a required 4% contribution with a 4% company match and up to an additional 2% voluntary contribution which provides another 4% match from the company.
General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada is an employment equity employer who values diversity and inclusion. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
General Dynamics Land Systems-Canada is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for our employees. We welcome and encourage applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous Persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or expression.
It is a requirement that General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada be registered with the Canadian Controlled Goods Program and that all of its workforce be security assessed. As such, successful applicants must meet all applicable security requirements, including, but not limited to, the ability to obtain and maintain a Canadian government security clearance to secret level.
If you are looking for that next dynamic opportunity and looking to take the next step in your career - apply to join the General Dynamics Land Systems - Canada today!
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 Kitchener, Ontario
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 Toronto, Ontario
💸 From $19 an hour⏰ 13-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 11-03-2024🌏 Mississauga, Ontario
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Markham, Ontario
⏰ 08-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario
⏰ 04-03-2024🌏 London, Ontario