Update day: 15-02-2024
Job type: Full-time
ElderActive Recreation Association (ElderActive) is seeking a new Executive Director. With over 600 members, ElderActive is an active and vibrant group with members participating in a broad range of recreational activities. The successful candidate will fill a vital role in administering the organization and managing the various programs and pursuits. The position is based in Whitehorse, with occasional travel to other Yukon Communities. Whitehorse is a city of 35,000 with an active community.
The position is responsible for: the daily operations of the organization; the implementation of the strategic plan as set out by the Board of Directors; supervising staff; managing the annual budget; building positive community relationships; supporting the Board in establishing long-term sustainable funding; and ensuring the delivery of approved programs and services to ERA members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, implementing and overseeing an annual operational plan in line with the board-approved strategic plan and annual budget
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs, services and special projects, ensuring consistency with community needs and funding requirements
- Maintaining a positive relationship with the ElderActive board and promptly bringing all appropriate issues and policy decisions to the board.
- Promoting and educating the Yukon general public, ElderActive membership and potential members on the benefits of active living for older adults and ElderActive’s role in providing opportunities for pursuing an active lifestyle.
- Regular supervision and evaluation of all ElderActive staff and volunteers
- Developing staff and volunteer positions and job descriptions that meet the needs of the strategic plan and funders’ needs as required and approved by the ElderActive board.
- Implementing a performance review process for all staff/volunteers, which includes monitoring performance on an ongoing basis and conducting performance reviews.
- Assisting the board in the development and updating of the Personnel Policy and other relevant human resource policies/procedures
- Work with the Treasurer to develop an annual budget for board approval.
- The Executive Director is directly responsible for the approved annual budget relating to operational requirements.
- Working with or under the Board’s direction to maintain and /or secure annual funding.
- Ensuring compliance with all grant reporting requirements, including completing and submitting all required documentation.
- Initiating, developing, and maintaining good working relationships and collaborative/strategic arrangements with a broad range of community sectors, including all levels of government, including First Nations, other non-profit organizations, media and business organizations
- Maintaining open lines of communication with board members and staff, including relevant issues affecting operational and strategic objectives.
- Gathering, interpreting and articulating information to board members about community trends and resources as they relate to enhancing the board’s capacity for effective communication, decision making and long-term planning
- Preparation of an annual report in coordination with the Board of Directors and staff.
- College or University accreditation in recreation programming, community development or administrative experience with non-profit organizations. Five years of experience with non-profit organizations is desirable.
- Class 5 driver’s licence and ability to travel occasionally to other Yukon communities.
This is a partial list of duties and responsibilities a complete Job Description is available on the ElderActive website: https://elderactive.ca/s/APPROVED-Executive-Director-Job-Description-20220712.pdf
Closing date: Applications will be accepted up to November 23rd, 2022. Applications are to be submitted to the Recruitment Committee: email@example.com
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Burnaby, British Columbia
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Terrebonne, Quebec
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Lévis, Quebec
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 British Columbia, Kelowna
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Coquitlam, British Columbia
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Airdrie, Alberta
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Kelowna, British Columbia
⏰ 28-03-2024🌏 Kingston, Ontario