Update day: 19-02-2024
Job type: Full-time
Job contentLocation: CA-AB-MEDICINE-HAT-PLT-994-2001
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
The Accountant Senior will work at our Medicine Hat location and has the primary responsibility to provide monthly, quarterly, and year-end accounting close and financial reporting activities as well as overall financial analysis for the plant. This includes journal entries and reconciliations, inventory and fixed asset activities, and financial analysis and reporting. The Accountant Senior has the responsibility to ensure internal controls are effective and in compliance with SOX, company policy, and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the supporting the monthly, quarterly and year end accounting close process, working with Akron Centralized Plant Accounting Team and Medicine Hat Plant Controller. Additional responsibilities include assisting in preparing the annual operating plan and monthly forecasts. Coordinate monthly and annual activities such as raw material, WIP and MRO cycle counting and physical inventories. Prepare monthly functional analysis (including but not limited to P&L, balance sheet and various accounts, including CWIP). Assist and support plant controller in projects aimed at improving efficiency of processes and consolidating systems.
- Responsible for ensuring internal controls are functioning properly by preparing and maintaining narratives for SOX processes such as Inventory Management and Fixed Assets. Support SOX and internal control testing. (maintain documentation).
- Responsible for business partnering with local operations team for cost control, cost reduction initiatives, and continuous improvement initiatives. Provide insight and educate operations team on plant cost structure. Analyze and report monthly financial results to plant operations team. Daily reporting of actual spend vs plan to operations team.
- Undergraduate Degree in accounting.
- 3+ years of accounting, auditing and/or financial analysis experience (preferably in a large corporate or manufacturing organization or public accounting firm).
- Demonstrated knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products, SAP and Hyperion Essbase.
- Interpersonal skills that establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Understanding of US GAAP, accounting for complex transactions and familiarity with internal controls in compliance with SOX.
- Good presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 55 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Click to apply for free candidate
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Airdrie, Alberta
💸 $60,000–$90,000 a year⏰ 13-03-2024🌏 Calgary, Alberta
⏰ 10-03-2024🌏 Lethbridge, Alberta
⏰ 18-03-2024🌏 Airdrie, Alberta